What is School Management System?
A School Management System is designed to facilitate paperless administration of schools. School software has the ability to host modules which allow a user to maintain academic history of students, records, etc. which ultimately helps the staff, teachers to work in accord. It brings many different functions/departments in one system and provides all the relevant data in one place. Online school management system is also getting more prevalence. Web based school management software is more easy to use at any and every location, with no sacrifice in functionalities.
What a school management system should have?
- Student Management: Student management system helps in keeping track of student registration process. A user can add, modify or view modules intended to ease registration and identify student’s background during the admission procedure.
- Academic Management: It provides all of the academic history of a student. It has modules which help in noting down the scoring of each and every student. Management can also keep a track of every student’s progress through a year. We can say that this module allows the user to see the knowledge level a student possesses through their grades.
- Inventory Management: This module helps the school to maintain its stock and their quantity as per the need. A user can keep their purchase details safely and it also helps in defining stationary stock level. Apart from that, the school management system also gives an indication as in when to order the new stock.
- Fee Management: The most important feature to any educational institute. It maintains a complete track of fees paid of all the students across the school. The module also offers a facility for producing, as well as canceling the fee receipts.
- Library Management: Enables a user to maintain the book list with the date of it being issued and date of it when the book is returned.
- Reports Management: This module allows a user to generate reports which maybe designed specifically to supply the needs of the institution.
- Payroll Management: It helps in maintaining the payroll for the staff.
- Notifications and Alerts: Students, teachers, staff, etc. Are informed of various activities and happenings through email/sms alerts.
- Timetable Management: School timetable software enables a user to automatically set the time table as per the rules set.
- Hostel Management: Hostel management system enables the feature of managing the school students living in the school premises i.e. Hostel, school management system manages the hostel activities such as room bookings etc.
- Attendance Management: School attendance management system track the daily attendance of the students and sort out the list of students coming under requirement list of attendance.
- Human Resource: Manage the human resource related data like payroll of staff, statutory compliance, and leave and attendance management of the staff.
Schools need a good and full-fledged tool to ensure proper functioning and record management at every stage. Deploying comprehensive School Management Software is, therefore, a prerequisite these days. Through these, academic institutions can automate every school-related task.
A School Software may have administrators, teachers, students, managerial staff and other types of users, assigned with different capabilities. It should be able to manage the fee, library, admission, attendance, timetable, parent-teacher-student communication, and other related operations easily.